The Key To Ageless Skin: Triphala
What makes our formulas superior is that we push beyond SPF to identify the very best ingredients, like adaptogens, that nourish, heal and strengthen the skin barrier. Peptides and ceramides are some of our essential ingredients for ageless skin, and will always have a place in our routines. However, we are often inspired by the integrative wellness philosophy that infuses tried + true ancient ingredients that have earned their legacy for good (and clinically proven) reasons. Like the Ayurvedic adaptogen, Triphala.
Triphala, used topically and orally, is known for its numerous health benefits, including its ability to improve skin health. The three fruits, Haritaki, Bibhitaki, and Amla, that comprise Triphala, are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that nourish and protect. Their benefits work together to help reduce inflammation, prevent premature aging, and promote a healthy, youthful complexion.
The Ageless Benefits of Triphala for Skin
The antioxidants in Triphala can help protect from damage caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can harm cells and accelerate the aging process. Orally, Triphala also acts as a natural detoxifier, helping to flush out toxins from the body that can contribute to dull, lackluster skin. By promoting healthy elimination, Triphala can help to prevent the buildup of toxins in the body, resulting in clearer, brighter skin and overall well-being.
Overall, this ancient glow getting ingredient is an excellent herbal remedy and its numerous benefits make it a valuable addition to any skincare routine. When applied topically to the skin, Triphala may provide several benefits:
- Anti-Aging: it contains loads of antioxidants that help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which can contribute to premature aging. Regular use may help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Skin Appearance: Triphala may help improve skin tone and texture by promoting the production of collagen, an essential protein for healthy, plump skin. It can also help reduce hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and other discolorations thanks to the high vitamin C content in the Amla fruit.
- Anti-Inflammatory: anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe skin irritation and redness and make it an excellent treatment for conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. This is a benefit for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Antibacterial: Triphala has antimicrobial properties, which may help reduce the occurrence of acne and other skin infections
How do you incorporate Triphala into your skincare routine?
Introduce Guardian Angel Super Peptide Sunscreen Milk, SPF 50 into your daily skincare ritual. In every drop, your skin receives youth gene stimulating Triphala melded with a fine-line plumping pentapeptide and the defense barrier support of CoQ10 and Niacinamide. Together, this gentle but fully loaded formula makes the perfect protective primer for helping to reverse and prevent environmental damage, a root cause of premature aging.
* Statements are based on our own experience, research and consultations with integrative medical professionals. These statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Always consult your medical provider before taking new supplements.